Department Of Sociology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Sociology welcomes you all.
- Year of Establishment: The department was established in 1988-89 under the affiliation of Calcutta University, offering General course (Undergraduate).
- Sociology Honours course was introduced in 1995.
1. The department has one Departmental Staff Room and Class Room.
2. Enriched Departmental Library containing various updated books.
3. The department also enjoys other infrastructural facilities offered by the college like ICT enabled class room, central library etc.
- Brief about the Department
- Since inception the department has been producing socially and intellectually sound students, who are not only competent enough to secure good marks in University Examinations but also to establish themselves in various sectors and professions in present days.
- Students of the department are placed in several academic and other institutions successfully.
- The Department at present runs successfully with the help of Six Faculty members, who share a cordial and friendly relationship with the students as well as all other academic and non-teaching staff.
- Sociology Department always focuses on interactive teaching-learning process through the help of organizing seminars, quiz contests, discussions etc.
- The Department of Sociology always aims to bridge the gap between knowledge production and practical application by linking theory and practice in a successful manner.
Regular Activities of the Department:
- Regular Classes.
- Interactive Classes.
- Special focus on needs and requirements of the students.
- Regular Parent-Teacher Meeting to inform parents about the progress of respective students.
- Academic and Social Counselling as and when required.
- Regular Online Classes during the Pandemic.
- Online Extension Lecture organized during the pandemic.
- Creative and innovative ideas of the students are always nurtured and encouraged.